I have made this dish a number of times but I think this was the most successful it's turned out. It's based on a recipe from damndelicious.net but I've made a few adjustments. Since I couldn't find orzo I decided to use acini de pepe pasta which was delicious and fun texture. They're the little ball pasta and I think they're usually found in bean soups. Find the recipe below...
- Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 ounces Acini de Pepe pasta
- 2 cups of spinach
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Directions:
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the stockpot and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the stockpot. Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in dried herbs until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in chicken stock, water, and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Return chicken to the pot; add zest; reduce heat and add in pasta and spinach, simmer for about 8 minutes. Finish with lemon juice.

I want to eat that. I want to eat everything you cook.
ReplyDeleteI like it when you eat my food. Especially when you bring wine :D
Delete