I think one of the reasons I enjoy cooking so much is when I'm in the kitchen I don't think of much of anything else. I become incredibly focused on the task at hand which is not something I am able to do during most of my day.
I made a mason jar salad for lunches this week. I like these salads but they can be a little tricky since the assembly order is key so you really have to make sure your mise en place is ready.
These salads consisted of Mexican seasoned chicken, rice, fresh veggies and frozen corn, and cilantro lime vinaigrette. You can find the recipe below, but true confessions, I didn't measure much of anything so these are guesstimates.
Chicken:
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Cumin
Salt and Pepper to taste
Rice:
1.5 cup Long Gran Rice
3 cups chicken broth
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 chipotle pepper in adobo diced
Vinaigrette:
4 Limes, juiced
2 tbsp fresh Cilantro
2 tsp Honey
1/4 tsp Mayonaise
1 tsp Cumin
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup Olive Oil
4 Roma Tomatos
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 cup Frozen Corn
14.5 oz. can Black Beans
6 leafs of Romaine
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees for chicken. For the rice I combined all the ingredients in the rice cooker and I let it do its thing. I pounded out the chicken breasts, seasoned them with the spices, browned them on the stove for a few minutes on each side and then I finished them in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
For the assembly of the salads I went in this order: vinaigrette, peppers, tomatoes, corn, beans, rice, chicken, and romaine. Finish with tortilla strips when you dump out the salad.
It's safe to say other Ed and I will be eating well this week.
I made a mason jar salad for lunches this week. I like these salads but they can be a little tricky since the assembly order is key so you really have to make sure your mise en place is ready.
These salads consisted of Mexican seasoned chicken, rice, fresh veggies and frozen corn, and cilantro lime vinaigrette. You can find the recipe below, but true confessions, I didn't measure much of anything so these are guesstimates.
Chicken:
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Cumin
Salt and Pepper to taste
Rice:
1.5 cup Long Gran Rice
3 cups chicken broth
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 chipotle pepper in adobo diced
Vinaigrette:
4 Limes, juiced
2 tbsp fresh Cilantro
2 tsp Honey
1/4 tsp Mayonaise
1 tsp Cumin
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 cup Olive Oil
4 Roma Tomatos
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 cup Frozen Corn
14.5 oz. can Black Beans
6 leafs of Romaine
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees for chicken. For the rice I combined all the ingredients in the rice cooker and I let it do its thing. I pounded out the chicken breasts, seasoned them with the spices, browned them on the stove for a few minutes on each side and then I finished them in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
For the assembly of the salads I went in this order: vinaigrette, peppers, tomatoes, corn, beans, rice, chicken, and romaine. Finish with tortilla strips when you dump out the salad.
It's safe to say other Ed and I will be eating well this week.



Comments
Post a Comment